- Turkey Holidays
Book Holidays to Turkey
What Does A Holiday in Turkey Offer?
Brimming with history and scenery, Turkey is one of those destinations that linger in your mind even after the thrill of a getaway has expired. It's rare, but that's why holidays to Turkey have become a rite of passage for most UK travellers. Keep reading to find out more about what this country brings to the table.
Your holiday in Turkey is bound to be action-packed. The country has all sorts of activities for you to enjoy, so there's no doubt you'll find something to love. Among the activities available are diving, windsurfing, rafting, canyoning in mountain gorges, kayaking over Kekova's sunken ruins, and Turkish gület cruises in the Mediterranean and Aegean.
Turkey's ancient cities have a reputation for leaving history buffs completely stunned. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ephesus has ruins dating back to the 10th century BC, and the seaside spot of Side plays host to an ancient amphitheatre, Roman Baths and an aqueduct that goes back to the 2nd century AD.
Travelling to Turkey from the UK so that you could get a taste of the destination's delicious specialities? We understand! One-of-a-kind Aegean vegetables, Anatolian kebaps and blissful baklavas are the best way to understand the soul of Turkish culture.
Holidays to Turkey are not your everyday getaway; from Istanbul's majestic cityscape to the sun-drenched shores of the turquoise coast, there is something for everyone. It's always a blend of the extraordinary, with diverse cultures, ravishing beaches and gourmet cuisine. Turkey is incomparably one of the melting pots of architectural delights and transcontinental landscapes. Need more? Explore the exponential range of traditions, food, history and production. There's no way your holidays to Turkey can be complete without these enchanting factors! Turn your holidays in Turkey into a memorable one with Travel Center UK! Whether it’s last minute Turkey holidays or the meticulously planned romantic break, our specialists will help you book the perfect journey.
Frequently Asked Questions About Turkey Holidays
Everything to know before you book a holiday in Turkey!
Your Turkey holiday is guaranteed to be perfect with Travel Center. We are an award-winning UK agency in operation for over 35 years and have an excellent track record for making online holiday bookings easier. Wallet-friendly prices and excellent customer service make us the right choice for your holiday in Turkey. Get in touch with us today!
Trips to Turkey aren't expensive compared to most tourist-attracting destinations, especially when you book with Travel Center. Why? Because we offer low deposit schemes and flexible payment plans. Secure your holiday with a deposit as low as £99 & pay the rest in monthly instalments.
This list may or may not resonate with your personal choices, but based on the vast majority of tourist preferences, here are the top 10 places to visit in Turkey when you’re on holiday.
- Lycian Rock Tombs
Your accommodation plays a crucial role in shaping your holiday in Turkey. Here are some of the best hotels in the destination, picked out by industry experts just for you.
- The Asteria Kremlin Palace
- The Wyndham Residences Kusadasi Golf & Spa.
- The Limak Limra Hotel & Resort.
- The Celal Aga Konagi Metro Hotel
- The Cappadocia Cave Suites
- The Comfort Ada Class Hotel
- The Granada Luxury Belek.
- The Litore Resort Hotel & SPA
- The Bodrum Edition
- The Lukka Exclusive Hotel
Spring and autumn are usually known as the best months to visit Turkey. To break it down in months, this would be anytime between March to May & September to November. During this time, you won't run into massive tourist crowds, and most hotels will become cheaper.
Turkey is 3 hours ahead of the UK.
Travelling to Turkey from the UK can be between three hours, 45 minutes, and four hours. However, the duration of your flight depends on which airport you choose to fly from.
Turkey is an excellent destination for families. The country offers beautiful beaches and family-friendly excursions. There are many child-friendly beach resorts in Turkey for families visiting for a beach vacation. There are numerous child-friendly sightseeing options available in the area, including a visit to palaces, castles, labyrinths, and of course, the world-famous hot air balloon rides.
For visits of up to 90 days within a 180-day period, British nationals who visit Turkey for tourist or business purposes do not need a visa.
Unless you already have a residence permit in Turkey, if you intend to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days, you need to get a longer-stay visa before you travel or obtain a residence permit from the Turkish authorities before the 90 days have elapsed.
In Turkey, credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. Your credit card provider may block transactions made in another country as a security measure, so please inform them of your travel plans. As you are likely aware, Visa and Mastercard are accepted much more widely than Diners and American Express. An establishment may charge a steep surcharge for accepting Amex.
There are no bad choices when it comes to Turkey. However, different locations may suit you better depending on the type of holiday you're booking.
- Family Holidays: Antalya is family holiday material. The region has an array of both five-star and affordable accommodations. Carrying on with the same advantage are places like Bodrum, Dalaman and Kusadasi.
- Group Holidays: Bodrum and Marmaris are perfect for group holidays in Turkey. Perfect for a group of friends or a big family.
- Couple Holidays: Booking a romantic holiday in Turkey? Olu Deniz and Cappadocia are at your service! No place is as romantic as these two swoon-worthy highlights.
Your holiday in Turkey wouldn't be complete without a beach day or two! Here are some of the best beaches in the country, voted by travellers from the UK.
- Olu Deniz Beach - One of Turkey's most famous beaches. Most notable for its connection to the famous Blue Lagoon, a picture-perfect spot for swimming.
- Sarigerme Beach - An ideal beach for both families and couples. Vivacious greenery, soft stretches of sand and clear waters make it irresistible.
- Lara Beach - A blue-flag certified spot for sun loungers. Don't miss it.
- Konyaalti Beach - A favourite for people travelling to Turkey from the UK.
- Belek Beach - A beach to make sure your family holiday is memorable.
- Gumbet Beach - Behold Bodrum's best beach for water sports lovers! (Not ideal for landlubbers.)
Last minute Turkey holidays have become increasingly popular throughout the years. However, family, all-inclusive and couple getaways to the destination have also remained in demand. It’s a slim difference, but the bottom line is that you can book any trip you want and still have a once-in-a-lifetime holiday in Turkey.